I like where I live because:
- Feels rural and has sea views yet is 5 mins walk from beach and Tesco and 10 mins into Penzance
- Large rustic property, rural but near mounts bay and town centre. 10 mins from St Ives on back road.
- Retains Victorian village charm unspoiled until supermarkets and more housing built at Gwel Lewern.
- It is away from the town enough to be pleasant but not too far from local amenities and community spirit. Not overcrowded
- I like being just out of town but not too far to walk to the shops
- Gulval is a village with most essential amenities
- It is a good community with pleasant neighbours. Safe and mainly crime free. Within easy reach of the town
- Quite residential, easy access to shop, post office and beach, not in town centre
- of the convenience to town shops, church etc.
- Of the community of people. I have very good neighbours who help me
- Being a village you feel safe. Any development would not be possible, access roads too narrow
- Beautiful area, lovely village environment, good facilities, great school
- It is fairly central, quiet location, friendly neighbours
- Very quiet retirement area mainly.
I don’t like where I live because:
- No mains gas provided, no pavements, traffic speeding through making area from pub down past church a dangerous “rat run”. GMO garage causing dangerous restricted vision on junction.
- Don’t like uncertainty of private renting
- The road structure is narrow and awkward
- The speeding traffic – they don’t know how to drive 30mph in a built up area. The roads we have in the village were originally for horse and cart! And cant be widened, so building houses here wont work
- Problems with dog poo! Penzance looks run down, full of charity shops
- All pedestrians have to walk along the road on the outside of parked vehicles, including on occasion a 6 wheel RV
What would you most like to change about where you live:
- Speed restrictions through village. Sort out Posses lane junction. Effective measures to cope with the constant water/flooding etc. – and road being dug up with alarming regularity!
- I wouldn’t like to change much except somewhere where children could play safely
- Parking (but that wouldn’t be possible)
- Gulval roads were designed for horse & cart and are not ideal for current let alone increased traffic. Limited footpaths
- More social housing especially for people living alone
- Better roads
- The run between Heamoor and Tesco. Very busy
- Better road surfaces. This year they feebly did some in the middle of the road. Now there are pot holes on the side of pavements so water is held there – you get splashed when walking. Failed to re mark SLOW signs on road!!
- Stricter dog controls, more help for shop owners in terms of business rates etc.
- Amount of pavement, parking on access road, have to walk in road frequently
- Very bad pavement parking on the approach road to our property